As I got in my car this morning to drive to work, I heard one of my favorite sounds in the world: birds singing. It made me think that I might brainstorm some other sounds I love for today's slice. So here goes...
1. The sound of "writing" from my students: Whether they are typing or writing with pencils, I adore that quiet humming that comes from my kids when they are thinking and putting their thoughts on paper.
2. The sound of coffee brewing in the morning: What could be a better wake-up call?
3. My niece's laugh: Her giggles make me smile every time I hear them. :) When she belly laughs, it's totally contagious!
4. My puppy, Yadi, breathing as he sleeps: He is an active little guy, so the sound of him sleeping is sweet indeed! It's the only time he stays still enough to snuggle!
5. My other dog, Tucker, snorting: We're not sure why, but Tucker makes a snorting sound when he's happy. Sometimes it's when you're scratching him, and sometimes he snorts as you walk by, just to let you know he'd like to be pet. It's so unique and cute!
6. A live orchestra: I used to be in band as a high schooler, so I still appreciate the sound of live, well-played music. I don't get to go very often, but when I do, it's heaven. Just the sounds of the instruments tuning gives me chills.
7. The outdoors sounds while you camp: Nothing is quite so relaxing as the sounds of birds, bugs, and other animals making nighttime noises as you lay in a sleeping bag under the open sky. I haven't camped in a long time, but I can still imagine it if I close my eyes.
I hope you enjoyed my list! I'm sure there are a thousand other sounds I could have listed, but these are just a few of my top ones!