Thursday, March 9, 2017

Slice of Life, March 9th- "Observations from the Car"

I smell the hot coffee beside me
As the early morning sun streams through the window
Cars buzz by me
But I am serene

Stoplights blink
As commuters rush
Eating breakfast as they stop
Multi-tasking the day before it even starts

My car is quiet
But some of the backseats I see
Are filled with the questions of young ones
Excited to begin life on Thursday

I observe
Watch
As they all file by me
On their way to start today

I enjoy these moments
These unobscured glimpses into the lives of others
Views into their every day that reveal so much
If you take time to notice




6 comments:

  1. I also love wondering about people. I enjoyed your poem... it had a really mellow vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem! I love those last two lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your poem! Taking the time to notice the little things is important

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an organic kind of contrast throughout the poem that makes your ideas pop. Stillness and motion. Quiet and chatter. Solitude and togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an organic kind of contrast throughout the poem that makes your ideas pop. Stillness and motion. Quiet and chatter. Solitude and togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your poem! It was so serene. I could picture you going in slow motion as everyone else sped by in fast forward.

    ReplyDelete