Saturday, March 25, 2017

Slice of Life, March 25th--"A House of Kids!"

After a long travel day last night, I got in late and woke up early...for a good reason! The house was bustling with the sounds of my sister's kiddos, a 5 year old and 15 month old. Their voices and thumps through the house roused me out of my sleep-coma and reminded me that times like this are few and far between.

Even though a few more hours of sleep sounded good, spring break only comes once, and out of bed I jumped to spend a few hours with them today.

We played peek-a-boo, snuck up to (fake) surprise people, and just were silly. My arms are tired from carrying the little one around, even though it was a short amount of time. 

One of my favorite images is my dog, Yadi, laying under the high chair waiting for a little something to make it's way over! Sometimes, it's an accident, and sometimes Cal just throws over part of his meal to share with his best friend, "Yaya." 



They are all off back to their place, and the house is quiet tonight. I'll admit, as my eyes grow heavy, I'm okay with a relaxed evening, but they sure brightened the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment