Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Slice of Life, March 21st--"A Night Out in Branson"

Tonight my family went out in Branson to take in an evening show. We have always come to Branson (2 hours from home) for as long as I can remember, but I can literally count on one hand the amount of times we've gone to a show. We are more of the Silver Dollar City season pass holders, pack your lunch, and (especially when we were little) camp type of Branson visitors. We came so much that we didn't do things fancy. Branson was our backyard growing up--a part of my childhood that will always be cherished.

This year, though, some tickets to an evening show called "The Haygoods" fell into our laps at ridiculously cheap prices, and so we found ourselves sitting in the balcony of a huge, packed theater ready to take the excitement.

I'll admit. I came into the whole experience with a healthy dose of skepticism. Normally, I'm a little bit of a snob when it comes to live music and theater; give me the symphony and Broadway and I'm happy. Anything else...I'm just not a fan.

BUT.

Tonight I had to eat my words and take it all back.  My family was captivated by this show. The lights, the variety, the personalities...everything I thought I would hate, was totally and completely entertaining!

I took a few pictures of the kids loving every minute. Thankfully, we had the back row, because we had quite a dance party going in our row.

It was a fun night of making memories and laughing with the people I love the most!

The show getting started!

My niece,  loving every second

Me, bouncing the baby behind the seats

Popi and the baby enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment