Monday, March 20, 2017

Slice of Life, March 20--"A Travel and Catch-Up Day"

Today was a travel day for me. I drove to meet my family in Branson for a little Spring Break fun! I don't do very well with just driving because I get bored fast, so I spent my time on the phone (hands-free, of course!).

I normally do not enjoy phone calls. I prefer to text, or better yet, meet in person! But...when I'm driving, it is the best way to pass the time!

School (and life!) has been a little crazy lately, so I haven't caught up with my best friend, Heather, for ages. She lives in Ohio so we sometimes go years without seeing each other, but thankfully for phones, we've stayed close despite the distance.

From my recent adventures, to her family, to just sharing stories from our lives, we chit-chatted my way across Missouri, making the 2 hour trip feel like a blink. As I pulled into the restaurant to meet my family for lunch, we said our goodbyes. What a fabulous way to spend an afternoon and a drive!

Friends are a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. I love to catch up on the phone while doing long drives! Have fun with your family and safe driving.

    ReplyDelete