Sunday, March 19, 2017

Slice of Life, March 19th--"Spring Got the Memo!"

--happy sigh--

Spring is here.

Today, in my corner of Missouri it was beautiful. Like, the kind of beautiful that you dream of during cold, icy mornings in January beautiful. The weather could not have been more perfect.

I love this time of year (like most people!) because, of all the weather changes, I think spring is the most dramatic. The slow changes, followed by the all-of-a-sudden-ness is something that I look forward to all year.

One of the first arrivals are the daffodils, one of my favorite flowers, because of it's perfect timing. Just when you can't take a second more of winter--enter, the daffodils! Then, slowly, all the other pops of color start to dot my drive to work, as the rising sun casts an ideal light on the foliage. Last, the grass and trees follow suit, filling in the missing spots of color with vivid greens of all shades.

I feel like it is a show designed just for me each morning. The brightness, the simplicity, the sheer beauty captures my heart and makes me feel anything is possible.

Even the rain, the part that people find fault with, to me, is a gift. As my mom would say, "It's the rain that makes the flowers grow." Spring rain is welcome at my house.

Spring is here, friends....spring is here!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are quite a ways ahead of us up here in WI! My post today was about wrestling with "smarch" weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you painted a picture of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Missouri springs! I miss the fact that it could snow a foot in December, and within a week, it could all be melted. I miss the magnolia trees blooming. But, Iowa winters are what they are, so thank you for creating this picture in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete