Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 5th, 2017- "The Chuck-It: A Doggy Mom Lifesaver

I bought my dog, Yadi, a wonderful little contraption this last week. For about $6, this was delivered in the mail on Thursday in a long, skinny box.

It is...a  Chuck-It!

This toy is essentially a long plastic arm with a claw-like end that holds a tennis ball and allows you to throw it faster and farther than ever before. My dog is in love. I have been known in my family as someone that "throws like a girl"-- not a compliment in an athletic family of fast and accurate throwers. My poor golden retriever has clearly suffered. Until now.

I keep it on the refrigerator and sometimes he just sits in front of it and stares longingly at the beloved toy. When I do get it out, he dances around frantically at my feet and herds me out the door.

This lovely toy leaves my sweet, energetic puppy panting and lounging happily after half the time it used to take to wear him out. He's happy and I'm even happier.

Oh, Chuck-It, where have you been my whole life?

Yadi, the Chuck-It loving dog 


3 comments:

  1. Katy - Oh this made me smile so big! I am familiar with the Chuck-It toy and the joy that it brings to a dog's life. Dogs are some of the best reminders that we need to appreciate the little things aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a basset who would sit like that in front of the cupboard where I kept the treats. Yadi's figure will much better for having this new toy than Clara's with extra treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered if that product was worth the minor investment. I'll have to pick one up for my dogs!

    ReplyDelete