Saturday, March 4, 2017

March 4, 2017--"Hunting and Gathering"

I have a love/hate relationship with shopping.

I was never the teenager that begged my parents to let me go "hang out" at the mall. Actually, I still avoid it if I can. I'm just not into the "process" of finding clothes I like. I can kill some serious time at a bookstore, or, Lord help us, a teacher supply store, but shopping for clothes? Not so much.

I consider my shopping process to be more the "hunter and gatherer" approach. I know exactly what I want.

I go to the store.
I hunt it.
I gather it.
I try it on.
I pay.
I leave.
As fast as possible.

I avoid eye contact with the sales associates. I keep my head down. I get my business done and I get out.

You would think that would save me money, right? I wish. Excluding people with serious shopping addictions, I probably end up spending just as much as the next person, but I only enjoy it when it's all over.

Today I needed 2 or 3 specific items. My sister (bless her) volunteered to go with me to the mall. We found what I needed at each store I went to, paid, and left. And mostly got sale prices!

The drive home was wonderful...the shopping was done, the items were in hand, and I was happy. Shopping success!

~happy sigh~




4 comments:

  1. I hate shopping but love having shopped because then that means it's done! I can relate. I get annoyed by the process sometimes and it can be frustrating. However, in the end if I actually get what I needed, I feel like I just accomplished something amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy I love to shop! I would be happy to go for you anytime! I often think I could be a professional shopper! The possibilities are greater than my account balance!
    Call me next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate shopping when the place is crowded, but sometimes I love shopping when I am alone, otherwise known as retail therapy. I also like shopping at grocery stores, especially in other towns. I like to wander around and see what they have that we don't get around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your process too, though mine is hands down a hate/hate relationship. I just can't be bothered, so I stock up my 'to buy' list until it makes it worth my time to take a big breath and venture out.

    ReplyDelete