Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Slice of Life: March 9th, "For the Love of Flowers"

Today I made a quick trip to the new grocery store by my house. They have a very dangerous display near the entrance: fresh flowers. Every time I go, I have to look, and half the time, I walk away with at least one bouquet. It's a little out of control, I admit, but I just can't say no to a bundle of joyful color for $4.87! 

If I had unlimited money, I would have fresh flowers in every room of my house during all seasons of the year. I would also fill my classroom with them. There is no quicker, easier way to brighten a room and lift a mood than beautiful flowers!

This bouquet is headed to my classroom tomorrow! And, yes, it will look very nice next to the other vase of flowers I brought on Monday. -sigh-

I also saw a display of these gorgeous potted indoor plants and had to have one (only $5!). It's pink and polka-dotted! Perfect for the window in my classroom...

I just love the speckled look the leaves have!
At my old house, I had the perfect sun room for growing an herb garden. Since moving, I haven't had the time to get my little garden going again, but I think this may be the year. I've got the urge to plant some seeds and nurture some young plants to life! There is just something about flowers and gardening that feels so right this time of year!

4 comments:

  1. The flowers pull me in as well! I didn't buy any for myself this week...only two bundles for two special people at school. The smiles on their faces were enough for me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers pull me in as well! I didn't buy any for myself this week...only two bundles for two special people at school. The smiles on their faces were enough for me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $2 Daffodil bundles at my grocery store during the Spring. So why not buy 3 bundles at a time? I absolutely love flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful problem to have - too many flowers.

    ReplyDelete