Saturday, March 5, 2016

Slice of Life: March 5th, "Spring, I Heart You!"

Around my friends, especially at school, I'm known as the the fall and winter addict. I adore my warm blanket scarves, boots, chunky sweaters, and fuzzy gloves. The first chill of fall makes me want to sing Christmas songs. I can predict snow days with a simple sniff of the air. While everyone else mourns the loss of sunlight, I see fires in the fireplace, hot tea, and a coziness that can only be found on a cold winter day. Usually, I never want it to end....

This year, though...wow...

Spring, you've stolen my heart.

You bring your warm breezes, cheerful sunlight, and patches of green grass to my door today and I give in. Please, please, please stay!!!

I have no idea what's different, but as I went for a walk this afternoon, taking in the warmth and early beauty of the season, I harbored no bitterness for being cheated out of a cold, snowy winter.

On the contrary, Spring, you are welcome here!

Fill up the streets with color! Paint the backyard in shades of green! Let fresh flowers replace the monotone color of tree branches! Cool breezes, be replaced with the warm touch of sun on our faces.

It may not have been the long, hard winter we were all expecting, but Spring, you are a happy sight nonetheless.

Next year I will be just as excited for fall and winter, I know, but for now...

Spring, I heart you. I really do.

6 comments:

  1. I love your directions to spring. "Paint the backyard in shades of green!"Today I wrote about the lingering presence of winter in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your directions to spring. "Paint the backyard in shades of green!"Today I wrote about the lingering presence of winter in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful for spring-like weather! Today I painted my toenails in hopes I can bust out my birkenstocks this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I long for spring...well really I long for summer! I'm a summer girl. I love your words about spring. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the club of spring lovers! Now if we could only get you to love summer as well!

    ReplyDelete