Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Slice of Life: March 30th, "Friendship"

I've been thinking about friendship lately. I met up with one of my best friends last week during Spring Break in her new home in Denver. We haven't seen each other for over 5 years, but it was like the time just evaporated away.

It made me think. I've noticed one common characteristic among my close friends: loyalty.

Loyalty is an invisible thing in a relationship at the beginning. You have no idea who will be loyal to you over time; you may be drawn to being friends with different people for a thousand reasons. However, it is loyalty that makes it all last.

I noticed this saying on Pinterest:

"In friendship, you don't need to find the most interesting one. Just find the most loyal one."

How true! The friendships that have lasted in my life are not the ones in which we have the most in common; in fact, sometimes we have hardly anything in common. They are the people who have proven themselves to be there no matter what is happening in life.

I am so thankful to know friends like this.

2 comments:

  1. Loyal is so valuable. I'm blessed with loyal friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you wrote: The friendships that have lasted in my life are not the ones in which we have the most in common; in fact, sometimes we have hardly anything in common. I had never thought of it that way! My oldest friend is from kindergarten. We are nothing alike, but when we visit you would never know we live 2000 miles apart and rarely see each other. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete