Monday, March 21, 2016

Slice of Life: March 21st, "First Day Poem"

Today I skied for the first time this Spring Break. Actually, I skied for the first time since brain surgery in November...and it was amazing! The bad news is that I am so completely and totally exhausted that I cannot find it in me to tell the story the way it needs to be told. Really, sitting up is pretty hard! So, I am saving the good stuff for tomorrow and dedicating today to a short haiku that reflects my need and appreciation for the rest day tomorrow!

snow on the mountains
skiing down and lift back up
oh, how my feet hurt

Let me get a good night's sleep and I will tell every detail! For now, I'm going to put those hurting feet back up!

3 comments:

  1. I think you actually described it pretty well here! Feet up and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Thanks for sharing this image of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I skied for the first time since brain surgery in November..."

    Oh my. Three cheers for you & welcome back to sliding on snowy slopes.

    ReplyDelete