Saturday, March 19, 2016

Slice of Life: March 19th, "A Traveling Day"

Today I traveled with my sister and my 3-month old nephew, Callaway, to Colorado to meet the rest of our family for a ski-trip kind of spring break. It was Callaway's first trip on a plane and his reactions were priceless.

First, while we rode the shuttle from the economy parking lot (waaaaayyyy far away) to the terminal, he laughed at me. It was only the second time in his little life that he's laughed and it was just delightful. He grinned and giggled and I am pretty sure I did the exact same back to him! I must have looked so silly!

Next, we entered the airport, checked in, went through security, and found our gate. He didn't cry one time! He slept while we ate a lunch of bagel sandwiches and sour gummies.

His time on the plane was spent making faces at our neighbor to the front, a 2 and a half year old boy, and smiling up at us. We laid him in the seat between us and enjoyed his love of adventure and easy-going attitude. What a trooper!

Here's a picture I snapped of him chilling on the plane:


One of the things I love the most about him is that I can tell already that he is going to love life, fun, and people as he grows up. It was a wonderful trip to Colorado. Let Spring Break begin!

1 comment:

  1. Katy,
    Enjoy your trip! It sounds like your nephew is ready for adventure. What a perfect little traveler he is.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete