Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Slice of Life: March 16th, "Dear Daylight Savings TIme..."

Dear Daylight Savings Time,

I thought we were cool.

Sunday wasn't too bad. It just got light a little later and dark a bit later, but other than that, I appreciate that you stayed out of my life for the most part.

Monday I felt good! You were sweet to me and gave me nice (if still dark) walking weather. Great day, friend!

Tuesday was another fab day! I enjoyed the extra light when my night ran longer than usual! No complaints here!

Today...oh today, Daylight Savings Time...

Today you sucker-punched me right in the gut. 

I am exhausted and I can't find anyone to blame but you! I have stuck to my schedule, kept up with work, taught my heart out, and still...still you thought it was okay to bring this crushing tiredness into my life.

I spent the day losing my train of thought, forgetting how to spell things, interrupting myself (I realized today that this is actually possible. Who knew?), and having all kinds of problems that I totally and completely blame on you and my lost hour of sleep.

I'm not going to be over this for awhile. You hurt me. Please, if you have any sense of decency, bring darkness just a little early tonight so that I can fall asleep on time and have a better day tomorrow. Do it for the kids.

Your former supporter,

Katy

11 comments:

  1. Love the line about interrupting your own self!
    Great decision to do this as a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the line about interrupting your own self!
    Great decision to do this as a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love the letter. I feel the same way today. So lethargic and no drive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote about my exhaustion from the time change yesterday and included the link to a previous slice on the topic, telling the story my fifth grade teacher told about the time change...
    Your letter expresses my thoughts, too, except I always feel the effects from the first day and then it gets worse for a few days til I finally adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! A hundred times YES! (Except it hit me yesterday.)

    Sitting Bull had it right. Only a white man would think you can make a blanket longer by cutting a foot off the top and sewing it onto the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! A hundred times YES! (Except it hit me yesterday.)

    Sitting Bull had it right. Only a white man would think you can make a blanket longer by cutting a foot off the top and sewing it onto the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great format! It definitely works here. This gives me an idea to maybe try a letter format in a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the letter format, as well as the topic! I've been hit today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. That moment when you interrupt yourself - I know that well. Hope DST treats you a little better from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the letter format! I also completely agree with you, I too have been 'sucker punched right in the gut.' Hopefully it gets better, and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! This is really funny and I live the format you used!

    ReplyDelete