Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Slice of Life: March 15, 2016, "An Addiction Revised"




I am a former caffeine/coffee addict. I drank coffee on the the way to work, I brewed a pot once I got there in my classroom, and I drank it until lunch. I had a coffee grinder at work and lived for new flavors I could enjoy. I drank it black; no fancy creamers for this girl! At lunch I would force myself to switch to tea or water. I really truly needed that caffeine to function and be awake. Recently, a hospital stay forced me to "go off" of caffeine. It was very hard to say goodbye, honestly, but I decided to make a change as a result.

I asked for a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas. I had never wanted one before, but I had special plans for it now!

Instead of a pot of coffee each day, I make myself a special decaf cup in the evening after dinner. I even found a company on Amazon that makes flavored decaf pods! I love my cup (or two) of delicious, relaxing coffee at night. And I especially love this special mug that was a gift from two dear friends!

It is the perfect way to end my days.

2 comments:

  1. I love coffee! I was just thinking this morning that I should cut back a little. Food for thought! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a coffee addict and don't have any plans for revising anytime soon. Congrats for sticking with it! The mug is so cute.

    ReplyDelete