Thursday, March 10, 2016

Slice of Life: March 10th, "Seeing How I've Changed"

I used this format last year in a Slice of Life blog here. I wish I knew which slicer I borrowed it from, because I love it! I thought it might be fun to see what has changed since this time last year!

I am a daughter, a Christian, a sister, an aunt, a listener, a friend, and a mommy to the cutest puppy ever.

I keep everything! I have stashes of coffee cups, tea, bubble bath, old-fashioned handkerchiefs, scarves...the list never ends. I have so much trouble saying goodbye to things. You never know when you might need it!

I wish I could find a way to help kids more. Sometimes I wish they could see themselves through my eyes and know how amazing they really are.

I love to be active. After my recent brain surgery and 8 years of being locked in a body that didn't do what I wanted to do at all, all I want to do is DO things! I love to exercise because it is such a wonderful reminder of the 2nd chance I've been given. For spring break, I'm going to ski! Four months ago, I was in a wheelchair! What a gift!!!

I sing along to music on my phone in the mornings. It's a relaxing way to start my day during my commute.

I think life looks really bright! I can't wait to find out what the future has in store!

I really want to go back to Germany with my family. We went this summer after two years of planning and it was the most amazing vacation ever!

I need to go visit some of my long-distance friends. I haven't been able to travel on my own for so long (but now I can!), and I have several necks to hug in lots of states!

I should spend more time doing my devotions and quiet time. 

I can find the positive in any situation. It can be annoying (even to me...lol), but I just can't stand to dwell in the negative if I can help it.

I like to dream of being a school counselor. I'm starting my degree program this summer, and I find myself lost in thought about it sometimes. I love love love my job right now, but I can't wait to be a counselor.

I make the best of every day I've been given...or I try to!  Every day is such a gift, and I want to live it like that. 

I always feel so lucky. God has been so good to me, and I just feel blessed to have been given my life back. I don't want to take a single moment for granted.

6 comments:

  1. Oooo. I love this one. I'm always on the lookout for a new format for a blog post. And I love your "I Need"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being around your sunny disposition. And I really feel I am getting to know the real you now you are forward moving. I like what I see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great slice. I feel like I've gotten to know you through your sentence completions. Stay upbeat and positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great slice. I feel like I've gotten to know you through your sentence completions. Stay upbeat and positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great entry Katy- you are an inspiration to so many!! Keep up the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I borrowed this format for my entry today. I love it!

    ReplyDelete