Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2nd, Slice of Life: "A Puppy Attitude"

Jab!

Poke!

Slip!

Sllluuurrrppp!!

The time was 5:00 a.m. this morning. My quiet, peaceful dreams were disrupted by the frantic movements of my 11-month old Golden Retriever puppy.

Yadi, sleeping like he's supposed to be sleeping at 5 a.m.
He pounced on the bed, landing right on top of me, not concerned at all about where his 60-something pounds of furriness and gangly legs ended up. He slipped around awhile before finally settling into the perfect position to give my face a huge lick.

"Good morning, MOM!" he seemed to yell at my sleepy face. "It's time for another DAY!" Slurp. Slurp. He stared at me with expectation.

I scratched him and rolled over. He settled beside me, happy to just be near me for a few minutes before I got up for the day.

I knew one thing in that moment. Yadi was going to have a GREAT day. If fact, without fail, Yadi ALWAYS thinks he's going to have a great day.

He wakes up, greets his family with wet kisses and puppy hugs, and just lives in the moment.

Want to play fetch? OKAY!!!

Want to go for a walk? YES YES YES!

Want to snuggle for minute by the fire? WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!

His attitude towards the morning reminds me everyday that it's not really so bad to have to face the alarm clock. It's really my choice how I choose to approach it.

Am I going to greet my day like Yadi with anticipation and enthusiasm OR am I going to reluctantly climb from bed in dread, feeling defeated already?

It's my decision. The more "Yadi-mornings" I can have, the better.

Puppies sure can teach you a lot.

Yadi, enjoying the snow and life!



11 comments:

  1. I think your dog could teach my dog a thing or two about getting up in the morning. I have a two year old hound mix who I had to literally pry from the bed this morning. Yadi is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made my heart happy! Animals (especially dogs) really are fantastic for teaching us to enjoy the small things in life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile! Our dog doesn't jump on our bed, but he does snuggle in next to me every night on the couch. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't help but smile when I read your post and looked at your pictures. There's nothing like a puppy to make a house a happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Yadi is a jewel!! Let's all greet our day like Yadi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Yadi is a jewel!! Let's all greet our day like Yadi!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puppy kisses in the morning are the best way to start the day. Yadi is a beautiful dog. Life is better with a faithful companion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these adorable pups I'm reading about this month. Do you know Deb's Chloe and Brian's Bo? If not, you might wish to connect with them since they often write slices about their dogs. (Sometimes Chloe actually writes.)

    Deb's blog: http://deb-day.blogspot.com
    Brian's blog: http://walkthewalkblog.blogspot.com

    I'm glad you're slicing with us again this year, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet dog! I love those morning moments with my dog. She is a little different from Yadi though. She burrowsunder the covers and refuses to come out until she hears the hairspray can hit the bathroom counter, signaling that I'm ready to go to the kitchen. Yadi sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete