Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 21st, Slice of Life--"The Last Night of Spring Break"

I'm coming in under the wire tonight. You see, where I live, it's the last night of Spring Break.

-sigh-

I know, I know. Technically, Sunday night is really the last night, but for a teacher's purposes, Saturday night is it. Done.

Tomorrow, I have to finish all the last minute "to-do" items from break that have gotten pushed to the bottom of the list for the last week (because they're my least favorite...).

Tomorrow night I have to go to bed with an alarm in mind. I have to get my clothes ready for Monday morning, fix a lunch, drive to work in the dark...

Oh man.

Well, the truth is, you don't miss something that wasn't wonderful, right? And this week's been pretty wonderful. I slept in. I ate out. I shopped. I played with my puppy. I hung out with family. I relaxed and took a break.

It was pretty great, actually. Would I do another week of it? You betcha.

Am I dreading Monday because I hate my job? No way. There's a big difference, you know. I'm not looking forward to all the "stuff" that comes with making it to school on time, dressed, and ready to go...but, I am looking forward to all those smiling, excited faces. I'm excited to see all my teacher friends. Monday's going to be fun!

But, tonight, I'm a little nostalgic. I might stay up a little later just because I can. It's one of those nights I'll probably fall asleep with the book landing on my face because I pushed just a little farther than my brain could stay awake.

But, why not? It is the last night of Spring Break, people!

3 comments:

  1. Breaks are so important! I really don't know how all those non-teachers do it, going to work day in and day out with no summer vacations, no spring breaks. Is it that just teaching is so utterly demanding that we NEED these breaks to survive and stay sane? We are lucky to be in a profession that offers these chances to recharge, sleep in, stay up late and do those things that are normally impossible to fathom during a work week. Hope your Monday eases you back in.....summer break is not that far away now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaks are so important! I really don't know how all those non-teachers do it, going to work day in and day out with no summer vacations, no spring breaks. Is it that just teaching is so utterly demanding that we NEED these breaks to survive and stay sane? We are lucky to be in a profession that offers these chances to recharge, sleep in, stay up late and do those things that are normally impossible to fathom during a work week. Hope your Monday eases you back in.....summer break is not that far away now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need these breaks to rejuvenate ourselves, don't we? Today was the first day of my spring break and I'm looking forward to it. I hope you have a wonderful Monday. It sounds like you've got lots to look forward to. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete