Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17th, Slice of Life-- "A Little Spring Break Gift for Myself"


You don't have to know me very long to know that I love, love, love hot tea. It's one of my favorite indulgences. I'm not entirely sure when it crossed over from a simple drink to an obsession for me, but when I fell hard for it, I also fell hard for all things tea-related. I have shelves and boxes full of mugs, tea cups, travel containers, and tea paraphernalia. Add to that enough tea to open a store, and you have evidence of a full-blown problem!

Well, today we went shopping through our little downtown. It's not much to speak of, but it does have a few little stores that have unique finds. While sorting through clothes and scarves and wall hangings, my eye was caught my a little cup that seemed to have crawled out from the pages of a fairy tale. Its small, delicate drawings, whimsical features, and imaginary subject matter instantly told me that it must come home with me! While it is not the "prettiest" tea cup I have, it certainly ranks with one of the most unique. Naturally, I've already used it twice this afternoon, and it was delightful! I've included some pictures, so you can enjoy my fun find, too!

Isn't this little cat drawing perfection? I love the details!

The basket is ideal for making loose-leaf tea, one of my favs!


It has a mouse drawing on the saucer and a beautiful little story-book fringe all around the edges.
This is my favorite detail--the little cat on the top that serves as a lid! Adorable!
All in all, this is make the perfect addition to my collection of tea cups! My Spring Break find was spot-on!

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I love tea, too. I think it is because I am forced to slow down and wait while the water boils and then the tea brews. It is a nice break from a very fast paced life. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun spring break find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love the lid as well. How satisfying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I love the lid as well. How satisfying for you!

    ReplyDelete