Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14th, Slice of Life--"Seasons"

Today, like many of you, I enjoyed the warm weather and looked excitedly at the forecast of the upcoming beautiful days. I am looking forward to the warmth, the soft rain, the rolling thunderstorms, and the color all around. After indoor recess and ice, it will be welcomed!

While I love the anticipation of the new season, I also will miss the uniqueness of winter.  But I also am already looking ahead to the summer months, followed by the crispness of fall. The truth is that I adore all the seasons.

I actually feel bad for people that "hate" the winter cold or summer heat. I can't find anything wrong with either one! I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the country that gets "medium" weather all year. We get just cold enough in winter to feel Christmasy and just hot enough in the summer to get out the popsicles and sprinklers. We experience each season to its fullest, but none to the extreme that so many of you do.

While snow days put many in bad moods and hot, humid summer days drive people indoors in frustration, I just enjoy it all while it lasts. I think that is my favorite thing about seasons. If you get tired of one, the next is coming soon, and with it, change and new things to experience!

So, I hope you're enjoying this change of seasons and the coming of spring as much as me. There is such comfort in the predictability of the seasons, isn't there? Spring, summer, fall, and winter: I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your post! This line "There is such comfort in the predictability of the seasons, isn't there?" reminds me of the sunset. It's predictable and comforting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post! This line "There is such comfort in the predictability of the seasons, isn't there?" reminds me of the sunset. It's predictable and comforting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete