Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Slice of Life Tuesdays: April 1st-- "Surrounded by Friends"

Slice of Life hosted at the
Join in and share a slice of your life.

This was my first year of slicing through March and my first year to start a weekly post. I am so excited to be part of this community. Even though we just finished the month-long challenge yesterday, today feels different. It's the start of something new for me.

It has been a breath of fresh air to me to be a part of a group of dedicated professionals who care deeply about the things that also move me.

Writing. Thinking. Reading. Reflecting.

Lost arts in so much of society, but present here. Flourishing here, actually.

I'll get to the the slices of my life in the future, but right now, the slice that seems the most important to share is how I feel right now at my cluttered desk during my planning period on April 1st.

I feel surrounded by friends.

Some may call that crazy, but I think you probably understand, writing buddies. I love the connections I've made here and the community I've been invited into.

Here's to many more slices!

5 comments:

  1. I love this, surrounded by friends. I feel the same way every Tuesday. And, you're right, even though we just did this yesterday, it does feel different today. It's a bit of a smaller community on Tuesdays, which can be nice. So glad you're here to stay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not sure I would write today because it was such a relief to know that I made it all 31 days in March. But then, something kept tugging at me...and I decided to do a short post and begin the weekly challenge. It does make it better to feel like I am among friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are sticking around, Katy! The March Challenge is really a beginning, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about writing with this community. Suddenly the isolation of my room doesn't seem so lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an unbelievably supportive community! I can't think of a better place to grow and be nurtured than right here on Tuesdays. Welcome to many more slices and continuing connections.

    ReplyDelete