So...in no particular order (other than what came to mind first!), here's my list. Maybe we'll have some things in common!
1. Coffee: Mostly I like it black, but occasionally I get in the mood for a fancy drink from Starbucks. I can't imagine my morning without the sound and smell of a coffee maker brewing. I think a coffee cup is attached to my hand everyday until lunch time. It may not be the healthiest thing ever, but it's not the unhealthiest thing either (I rationalize to myself...)!
|My birthday present this year--coffee galore!|
2. Cards: I like writing notes, and I like getting them. Maybe it's old-fashioned, but snail mail makes me smile. Stationary in general is just fun! All the colors, the designs...I could spend some serious money on pretty paper!
3. Chocolate: Predictable, right? There's not much too say; it's just plain amazing.
4. Fires: I love to start a fire in the fireplace and keep it going all day. I love the warmth, the brightness, and the constant movement. I feel like a fire is a sponge for all my thoughts; when I stare at it, I instantly feel relaxed and calmer.
|A fire I lit during a snow day this year.|
|From the rose garden in the yard|
|Can you tell what we're growing here?|
8. Journals: Writing about things helps me understand myself and my own thinking. I love that blank pages can only listen and don't judge my thoughts. I like making my writing sound better, too, and journal writing is the perfect time and place to do that.
9. Hot tea: I know, I know...another drink! I have to include tea, though, because just choosing what one I am going to brew makes me happy! I have a certain kind for every mood, or even a headache. I like to serve tea to people, too. I've helped a lot of friends with a cup of tea, and the act of sharing makes me feel good, too!
|Just one of the tins of tea I have at home. You should see the school stash!|
Now that I've shared my list, what's on yours? What are your favorite lemonade-makers? Share below!